Change - Online History in the making

Posted by Passion Paprika | 11:43 PM | Thursday, January 15 | , , , , | 0 comments »


I don't want to come across as an Obama fan or anything, but what the hell, this dude rocks. And so does facebook. What do you get when you get Obama on facebook? Change - online history in the making.

Facebook and CNN will jointly bring you live Obama's inaugaration. This might be one of the biggest events online. So far 507,123 have confirmed attendance, 75,619 are tentative. 

I'm one of the 507K people. I am fascinated by the fact that we are now making history online. I remember historic events like this finding me glued to the idiot box filled with the intermittent commercials. So this might be another change we should start getting used to. 

More and more people are going online, more and more people in India are finding a quicker way to communicate through email and chatting. More and more of us are booking our movie tickets online, we go through the latest news. I read about the Mumbai blasts online before I went to the TV. Its difficult to move away from my virtual presence. With being online turning from an addiction to a state of being, many of us are going to possibly miss out on the real world, wouldn't you say?

All said, if you want to be a part of the change, join : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=56799103571

Here is something to get you into the mood for change. 

President-Elect Barack Obama on Election Night



0 comments