Blog Contraptions (Radio Blog) Season special!

Posted by Passion Paprika | 8:33 AM | Thursday, December 14 | | 2 comments »

I'm feeling really festive and sentimental today, it's Christmas and there are no decorated Christmas trees, no Holly, no Wreaths and no Carols here at work, so I've decided its time for me to pimp up my blog in the true christmas manner. So here is a Christmas tree, a wreath and a holly.



And now for the Christmas music and carols, I came across this on many of my friends blog and wanted to add one of my own. Here is my favorite Christmas song.



And this is for Shanti.



Wondering where I got the link? RadioBlogClub. They have an awesome collection spreading from Rap to classical. If you have a music blog and want to show a sample of the song to your visitors, this is one resource that you will keep coming back to.

You can post one single song as above, or have a group of songs like below.







If you compare the first song and this set the first thing that you see is the color difference. Although the bottom looks like a list, its individual boxes just stacked one on top of the other.
If you are using the original format without changing the colours, it looks awesome on a black colour background. Thanks Moi for letting me use your blog for this.



"Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth" - my review.
I like the fact that music you like can be added to your blog, I also like the variety and the type of music they have to offer. The look of the tool is sleek and isn't gaudy and in your face. However on the downside, there is no help available. A mouse-over box describing what the buttons do would really help. Some of the songs are really low quality, so I suggest you listen to the songs before you add them to your site. The site doesn't allow you to hold a format. So when you want to change the format for a few songs, you need to remember where in their colour box each colour is, there should be a save colour format option to make this better.

Overall, I like it, it could be better!

Moo Score: MOO and a C out of MOOOOO (2 and 1/2 out of 5)

My friend Nags has some additions to the review she says "I feel its not too useful to listen to music, the volume is not high enough and we cant navigate away from the page"

Post Script : For those wondering where they have heard "Just because it's Christmas - And at Christmas you tell the truth" before.......


2 comments

  1. amna // 12/15/2006 3:11 PM  

    I am sick of saying your blog is great and it rocks cuz I think by now you know that. That was a very honest review on radio blog and definitely they have a long way to go. I took them off my site, but I just may put a few songs back cuz I cant but admit it looks pretty cool on our blog.

  2. Amandeep Singh // 12/22/2006 2:55 AM  

    this was awesome man!!

    Keep up the good work!!!!