I miss sitting in the lab waiting for my lecturers to get samples so that we can learn new parts of the body or how an organ functions. I don't know when I'll go back to school again and learn more. But, what I can do is explore the wonders of the human anatomy for free online through Visible Body demo.

I spent about 2 hours on this cool tool and was awed by the amount I could learn by just exploring this tool. I think this is an awesome tool for teachers and students who want to learn more about the human anatomy. There is search option to isolate the organ, nerve, bone that you are looking for.

On the downside, it requires you sign up for the tool and it takes quite some time to load. You need to have a good connection to make the most of this tool. Once this is up and running its very easy to use. The site says "The first time you launch the application, your browser will automatically download our highly detailed anatomical models. This download can take several minutes to complete, depending on the speed of your internet connection. As long as these models remain in your browser cache, you won't need to download them again on future visits. " which I didn't agree with cause it took longer for me the second time around, but it was well worth the wait.

You can zoom in and zoom out, you can make parts of the body invisible. You learn the various parts of the body. It is very detailed so if you are interested in the nerve that connects eyeball to the brain you can isolate it and find out its name.

You can explore:
- Circulatory System
- Digestive System
- Endocrine System
- Integumentary System
- Lymphatic System
- Muscular System
- Nervous System
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
- Skeletal System
- Urinary System


I thoroughly enjoyed using this tool and would recommend this to anyone who is curious to learn more about themselves. Happy exploring.


0 comments