10 reasons why I love Gmail

Posted by Passion Paprika | 8:37 PM | Wednesday, November 12 | , , , | 0 comments »

1. Emoticons upgrade - I liked the new emoticon options in gmail, they really pep up my email conversations with friends.

2. Custom keyboard shortcuts - makes my navigation in my mail box mouse free and fast.

3. I can go invisible in chat if I have work to do, abracadabra and I disappear and whoosh, appear again when I have some time to spare. Allows me to manage my time at work well.

4. Google calendar gadget reminds me of all the things that are upcoming and I need to keep organized to meet my day to day demands.

5. I can use the video chat that is embedded in gmail itself! Yay! www.gmail.com/videochat.



6. Google Docs widget, allows me to keep my travel plans, my restaurant number list, my personal diary at my fingertips.

7. Superstars allows me to tag my email the way I want to, e.g. Mums mail gets a blue star, pay-the-bill mails get an exclamation mark.

8. Remember the milk gmail widget lets me keep my to-do list up to date

Here's how you set it up -
  • In Gmail, go to Settings then the Labs tab. Find "Add any gadget by URL" and make sure it's enabled, then press Save Changes.
  • Still in Settings in Gmail, go to the Gadgets tab. Copy and paste the following URL(http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/gmail/rtm.xml) into the "Add a gadget by its URL" field. Press Add.

9. Mail Goggles helps me from sending the mean mails (Yes I do that and I hardly regret it). Its the mail version of breathing deeply and counting till 10 to reconsider what you're about to do.

10. It's non cluttered look is really really nice after the junk I get to see online all the time.

Thank you gmail don't know what I would've done without you.


0 comments