Google Phone Search India - Now in Delhi.

Posted by Passion Paprika | 10:21 PM | Wednesday, October 29 | , , , , | 1 comments »

We've written about Google Phone Search before. And recently Google Phone Search is released in New Delhi. Again the number is the same 1-800-41-999-999

Here are 5 things I like about the phone search.

1. Anytime information - Getting the information when you want, where you want is amazing. I just need to dial the toll free number to get the number to the nearest Chinese restaurant.

2. Really low call wait time - I've never had to wait for more than 15 seconds (Yes I've counted) for someone to lift the phone on the other end

3. You get the information sms'd quickly - Sometimes I've received the information on a sms while on the call with Google.

4. I trust Google not to sell my number to cold callers - I've asked the agent and they've assured me that they don't keep a record of the number. In fact the agent asks you if you want the information sms'd or over the phone and you give your number just incase you want it sms'd

5. Free call forwarding - They offer to forward the call to the number that you require for FREE!

3 Things I don't like about Google Phone Search

1. Speech Recognition - It could work better, much better. But right now it doesn't work all that well. Sometimes you've got to repeat 3 to 4 times to get the computer to understand what you are saying. With thick Indian accents it might be difficult for users to get their desired number soon.

2. Agents google the queries- I've asked one of the agents how they get their information and he simply said "Ma'am I google it". So when I asked for a launderer in my area, they were unable to provide information as it wasn't available in their search result. 

3. Enough local content - I wonder if there are enough local results online. Are local businesses putting their information online? 


1 comments

  1. UsamaAk // 6/19/2019 12:03 PM  

    You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!! Phone Search