Free Online Expense Planners Review

Posted by Passion Paprika | 6:20 PM | Friday, October 31 | , , | 0 comments »

The most difficult thing I've had to do after moving out of home is managing expense. I don't have good ol' dad to fall back on. I've got to pay my bills, manage my menial salary and still have some savings. I've been trying hard to get my finances in order and as always I found my answers to my trouble online. I'll be reviewing 3 amazing online expense planners.

1. www.walletproof.com - Again a very quick sign up. I love their piggy bank logo and their tag line - Start budgeting today. The interface is also very easy. The tabs are divided into Income and Expense and further categorized into recurring and this month. You just put your expense and the amount and voila you are done.

The only difference is that it doesn't have the option of remotely updating the information. It will need you to login every time you want to update.

2. www.plan2spend.com - This site asked for a lot of details before sign up. After sign up however I was impressed by the way the site was organized. You can update your account information by updating the deposits, bills and usual expenses and then your daily expenses.

I really liked the budget tab on the site, it does a comparative analysis of where most of your money is being spent. Its simple and easy to use. The one thing I don't like about it is that it takes far to long to load and that is painful.

3. www.xpenser.com - This was the quickest sign up. It took me so little time to get into the system to start updating my spend. The interface is clean and doesn't have too many distractions. I was able to update my October expenses online within 15mins.

It has the option of updating your day to day expense via email, instant messaging or twitter. (US citizens have the option to use sms as well as JOTT calls).

All in all, this was my favorite product of the lot.

There were a couple more online expense planners that I didn't review cause they catered mostly for the American citizens as they will need your Bank account information and more details. I'm still not very comfortable with sharing personal information online with sites. Here are the two sites if you are visiting from the US - www.mint.com and www.rudder.com


0 comments