IN.com - More than just my favorite online radio.

Posted by Passion Paprika | 7:44 PM | Thursday, August 21 | , , , | 2 comments »

I like listening to Bollywood music and with less scraping from the west these days we have some really cool Indian artists. (Bollywood music is very very rare- mostly listen to Pop and Rock from the West)

I've looked up a few sites that have Radio/music streaming online and I'm going to write one my favorite.

in.com is a network 18 venture. Currently in beta, this portal offers you music, videos, games, a cool search tool, and mail. They say "Give us your name and we'll give you a short @in.com email address." So I did and now we have topicbean@in.com. The mail service gives you 10GB mailbox, linked messages to track the thread easily, mail scheduler to post pone your mail etc etc.


I am going off tangent here (as always). The mail service of in.com is good - lets move on to their music offering. They have the Artist of the week, Podcast, News and Record Labels.

The Artist of the week is Shankar Mahadevan, they have his songs in many languages and the streaming is really really quick. I don't have the fastest internet connection, but in spite of that the song started immediately and had amazing sound quality.

I listened to the Movies you should see podcast and listened to Trivia about The Green Mile. This isn't my favorite podcast of all times but was interesting (polite way of saying - NOT GOOD AT ALL). But all that they were saying was pretty clear.

Moving swiftly on to the News - This page took a long long time to load framed another site which was all garbled and i couldn't read a thing and couldn't see a think either. Was a terrible terrible experience.

Finally I looked at the record labels and there were tons of music which I really enjoyed. They had Tips, Venus, T-Series, Times Music. I listened to Independent artists - End Song from the album Blue Bugyal by Summit Attempt. It was relaxing to listen to such music after a long day and enjoyed every minute of it. I was so impressed by the music that I had to admire the musician and I posted a comment and read the following disclaimer -

"Don't post rude or nasty comments. Ethnic slurs, personal insults and abuses are rather uncool. Criticise, but know where to draw the line. No point putting in personal details or links, we won't publish them. Try and write in English and please stick to the point! "

This was great to see. Finally a site which will sieve through the garbled rubbish before posting it online. I stand impressed by In.com

Something you should definitely check out.


2 comments

  1. Anonymous // 8/22/2008 7:12 PM  

    Hi chief, thanks for the kind words about my music. The band that plays End Song is Summit Attempt, (www.summitattempt.in), and I'm glad you like my songs.
    Cheers
    Sumit (www.summitattempt.in)

  2. Passion Paprika // 8/22/2008 7:22 PM  

    Moo - Hi Sumit, thanks for dropping by, had to appreciate your brilliant music. visited your site, enjoyed the Journey Within!

    Awesome guys! Rock on!