Micro blogging - Jaiku and Google. Twitter beware.

Posted by Passion Paprika | 12:20 AM | Thursday, June 26 | , , | 0 comments »

Being social animals, we constantly want to keep in touch with our friends. Now our innate nature has an "online presence" through the means of micro blogging. Micro blogging is the future. I write this post to you at the end of my day, this post is my way of connecting to the online world. While I'd like to keep in touch with everyone at all times its difficult and time consuming.

Micro blogging allows you to update friends and family with things that you are doing at the moment, in a moment. You can update a 140 character post using your mobile phone or from the site itself and keep your friends and family updated on smaller things in life, which are important, but not important enough to write a post about. Like your visit to the dentist which was funny cause the dentist had his own dental appointment, or when you put salt in the tea instead of sugar just cause you're too engrossed watching Euro 08. These small things can be updated on your micro-blogging platform which will in-turn update your friends. There is also an option to receive updates on your mobile phone, this allows you to stay connected.

I recently signed up for twitter account. I can have my twitter conversations appear on my blog using the embed feature. It also allows you to tag the person who has updated it. I started receiving updates in about a few hours (talks a lot about my social side). Its easy to use and quite addictive.

Jaiku is another such micro blogging platform. It was acquired by Google in October 2007. I applied for Jaiku, since its an invitation base I got an error message saying " Your request has been received! We'll notify you by email when an account becomes available."


I hope to get an account soon because I want to see how it works. I see tremendous things coming into play with Jaiku and Google's merger. Mobile blogging? Mobile scrapping on Orkut? I can't wait to see what else we're going to see on the micro blogging front.


0 comments