Bionic Arm: Terminator T800 comes to life, in parts

Posted by Fzkl | 12:05 AM | Wednesday, August 8 | | 1 comments »

Remember the day you were awed by the bionic arm of T800 in Terminator, T800 played by Arnold Schwarzenegger? I wondered back then if technology would really advance far enough in my life span to for me to be able to see such a device. I wished I could. And now its coming to fruition.

DARPA, the defense research wing of US Military has been researching artificial prosthetics for many years now and they are finally unveiling the world's most advanced bionic arm this week at the DarpaTech 2007 Conference. This will be one of the few technologies where military budget pays off by technology migrating to the consumer sector. Imagine a handicapped man being able to live a normal life with a bionic arm better or as good as the real one? I hope I don't have to way to see the day when people voluntarily have themselves amputated for a more powerful bionic arm. While we wait for that, enjoy this video. And I almost forgot to mention: The arm is controlled by human thought!




1 comments

  1. amna // 8/10/2007 12:08 PM  

    yeah, had head of these bionic arms.. didnt know they were controlled by human thoughts.. thats like whaoh!