The iPhone

Posted by Fzkl | 10:10 AM | Wednesday, January 10 | , | 0 comments »

I have never been a sucker for the fancy mobile phones out there, never owned a phone in my life, never paid for any of the phones I have used. And losing my phone is an integrated part of my life and it really doesn't worry me much because I have never had to pay for the phone. Everytime I have lost a phone, I have conveniently chosen to not have a phone. And out of the frustration of not being able to reach me, people around have gifted me phones from time to time.

The reason I never owned a phone is, I never liked any. I just didn't like any of the phones. Yes, thats true. If there was something about a phone I liked, it definitely had to have something in it that I didn't like. I don't like keys. I like on screen keyboard, but I hate the stylus. I would prefer a simple user interface when it comes to using a mobile phone. Something or the other would always be wrong.

And for a long time, I have been waiting for the right phone. And I think it is finally here. Steve Jobs finally put all rumors into the grave after announcing Apple's new iPhone yesterday at the Mac World. Here are the pictures from the expo for you to look at and drool.





















And here are the specs:

Screen: 3.5-inches, 320 x 480 @ 160 PPI
Storage: 4GB or 8GB
GSM: Quad-band (MHz: 850, 900, 1800, 1900)
Wireless: Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) + EDGE + Bluetooth 2.0
Camera: 2.0 megapixels
Battery: Up to 5 hours Talk / Video / Browsing; Up to 16 hours Audio playback
Dimensions: 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.46 inches / 115 x 61 x 11.6mm
Weight: 4.8 ounces / 135 grams

Thats the hardware aspect of it. What kicks ass is the software:
1) Portable version of the Mac OS running on it.
2) Safari Web Browser from the Mac OS
3) Widgets found in the Mac OS Dashboard
4) Play widescreen videos
5) Play music and obviously has iTunes
6) Google Maps
7) Yahoo IMAPI Email

The only downside I can see as of now is the pricing of 500$ and 600$. But it is definitely not a deterrent for me. My biggest concern is that it is expected to launch in Asia only in 2008. I hope to get myself a subscriber unlocked version sometime later this year from outside the country.

For more drooling check out The Apple iPhones Website

**wipes the drool**


0 comments